An official press statement released by UNIPORT today read:
“Uniport reopens on Sunday, 19/6/16 and exams commences on 20/6/2016. Please inform others. It’s a decision taken by the governing council, the policy will be suspended and everyone will write exams while further negotiation is done. Visit ecampus.uniport.edu.ng for details. Thanks”
Briefing of achievements thus far by the SUG President (Comrade Ephraim Inno-Anamaeje) to the Faculty Presidents Forum:
1. The no fees, no exams policy has been suspended till second semester when defaulters will be deregistered for the whole session.
2. Peculiar charge will be reviewed by the school management and negotiation will be done by the faculty deans and faculty leaders.
3. The hostels will be opened to students hopefully Wednesday 15th June, 2016.
4. Damages will be paid by students (amount known to him but not disclosed).
5. Installmental payment starts next session and the no fees no exam policy stands (next session).
6. Year 1 students who haven’t paid their fees should defer their admission.
7. No agreement with regards to reduction in fees.